Subject: FW: Inquiry for information and public resources sharing on Estonia’s Active Cyber Protection
From: <[email-masked]>
To: Riigi Infosüsteemi Amet <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2025 11:56:30 +0300

E-kiri saadeti väljastpoolt RIA-t. Kui Sa ei tunne saatjat, siis ära ava
linke ega manuseid!

Tere! 
  
Edastame saabunud kirja vastamiseks. 
  
Parimat, 
Küberväejuhatus 
From: Urban, A. (Aneta) &lt;[email-masked]&gt; 
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2025 12:23 PM
To: KV Jagatud KVPS Üldmeil &lt;[email-masked]&gt;; Küberväejuhatus (KüVJ)
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;; Kristel Maasikmets
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;
Subject: RE: Inquiry for information and public resources sharing on
Estonia’s Active Cyber Protection 
  
To whom it may concern, 
  
I would like to send a reminder on my query below. If it reached
recipients who do not possess information on this specific topic, could I
kindly ask to redirect my email to the responsible teams or persons? 
  
Thank you in advance, 
Kind regards, 
Aneta Urban 
  
  	A. Urban (Aneta)
Cyber Security Consultant
ICT, Strategy &amp; Policy 	T: 
M: &#43;31611101974
E: [email-masked] 	Location

  	 <https://www.tno.nl/>   	
This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you
are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you
are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. TNO accepts no
liability for the content of this e-mail, for the manner in which you use
it and for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent to the
electronic transmission of messages. 	

From: Urban, A. (Aneta) 
Sent: woensdag 21 mei 2025 09:53
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Inquiry for information and public resources sharing on Estonia’s
Active Cyber Protection 
  
To whom it may concern, 
  
My name is Aneta Urban, and I work at TNO—the Dutch Organization for
Applied Scientific Research—based in the Netherlands
(https://www.tno.nl/). I am part of the Cyber Security Technologies
department, where we are currently conducting research on Active Cyber
Defence / Active Cyber Protection. 
  
As part of our study, we are examining the measures implemented by various
nation-states. For example, the United Kingdom has pioneered the practical
implementation of ACD
(https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/section/active-cyber-defence/introduction). We
are also reviewing Belgium’s initiatives, such as the “Belgian
Anti-Phishing Shield” (https://baps.safeonweb.be/) and the “Safe On Web”
tools designed for citizens. 
  
Our research explores these measures from technical, legal, and ethical
perspectives. We are particularly interested in how government-led
implementation or oversight—given the unique role of the state—can help
prevent large-scale cyberattacks or significantly reduce the number of
potential victims. In addition to the UK and Belgium, we are also looking
at the developments in Finland, Australia, and Poland. 
  
I have been trying to locate public information on Estonia’s Active Cyber
Defence / Active Cyber Protection initiatives. I came across references to
the Cybersecurity Strategy 2024-2030 and related plans, especially the
ones described under the “Strong cyber shield” chapter. However, I have
not been able to find clear public documentation outlining which ACD
measures are currently in place or under consideration in Estonia. 
  
I would therefore like to kindly ask whether you could share any public
information, resources, or documents that describe Estonia’s approach to
Active Cyber Defence and any related implementations. I fully understand
that certain measures may not be publicly disclosed due to operational
confidentiality. I am specifically seeking publicly available resources,
also the ones written in the native language. 
  
This information would greatly support our ongoing research and provide
valuable insight into how different governments are working to actively
protect their citizens from cyber threats. 
  
Thank you in advance for any assistance or resources you can provide. 
  
Kind regards, 
Aneta Urban 

  	Aneta Urban 
Cyber Security Consultant 
Cyber Security Technologies 	
M: &#43;31 6 11 10 19 74
E: [email-masked] 	
ICT, Strategy &amp; Policy
Den Haag 
Anna van Buerenplein 1 	
  	 <https://www.tno.nl/>   	
This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If you
are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake, you
are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. TNO accepts no
liability for the content of this e-mail, for the manner in which you use
it and for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent to the
electronic transmission of messages. 	

-- This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If
you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake,
you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. TNO accepts
no liability for the content of this e-mail, for the manner in which you
use it and for damage of any kind resulting from the risks inherent to the
electronic transmission of messages.